Studio Beauty Video Course
We created the Studio Beauty video training for amateur and professional photographers who are interested in expanding into Beauty Photography, including both Beauty Portraits and Commercial Beauty.
The primary mission of this course is to teach you, the photographer, how to confidently and consistently set up beautiful lighting for portraits and beauty photography, as well as how to plan and execute a photo shoot when working with a creative team.
Skill Level: Intermediate to Advanced
Duration: Video Segments- 3 hours
Digital Book: 104 pages
Format: Digital Instant Download
Please note that this course does not include post-production!
Studio Beauty Course – Purpose
This wonderful in-depth course is an artistic and technical guide for photographers and makeup artists interested in professional Beauty Photography.
The authors of this training always aim to shoot everything right in camera, so they teach how to produce images that will require as little post-production labour as possible through correct lighting and avoiding common mistakes.
This course does not include retouching, but we are in the process of producing Retouching Academy courses that will cover those areas.
Although we go over many important beginner subjects such as lens selection and understanding how to use strobe lighting, the majority of the material of the course covers Intermediate to Advanced-level workflow and techniques.
Below we have highlighted a few essential features about Studio Beauty Course:
1. Beauty Course – Intro & Preparation
- About the Authors & This Training
- Your Career & Ultimate Artistic Goals
Your Knowledge & Vision
- The Basics Every Photographer Must Know
- Developing Your Vision, Taste and Aesthetics
- How to “Read” Lighting
Cameras, Lenses & Lighting equipment
- Choosing the Right Cameras & Lenses For Your Work
- Choosing the Right For Specific Projects
- Camera Sensors: Full Frame & Crop Factor
- Crop Factor & Focal Length Multiplier
- Studio & Backdrop Choice
- Lighting Equipment
- Common Monolight Controls & Triggers
- Light Modifiers
Preparation is King
- The idea, Concept of a Shoot & Choosing the “Right” Team
- Helpful Documents For Your Work.
2. Execution and Lighting Setups
- Shooting Tethered
- Standard Camera Settings
- Common Mistakes to Avoid While Shooting
- Day-of Briefing & Backup
- Working With Your Model
- Establishing Our Starting Point: Why & How
- Classic Portrait Setup: Various Types of Lights, Light Modifiers, etc.
- Celebrity Portrait: And More Ways to Fill in the Shadows
- Movie Style Setup: Cinematic Lighting: Adding Drama; Working with Smoke
- Hazy Colors Setup: Colorful Theme; Working with Color Gels and Smoke
- Jewellery Ad Setup: Another Colorful Setup; More on Working With Color Gels
- Clean Beauty: Other Ways of Creating Rim and Fill Light; White Background
- Full-Body: A Few Notes on Proper Full-Body Lighting
- Doubled Colored Shadows: Even More Ways to Use Color Gels
- Creative Mixed Lighting.
Studio Beauty – Bonus
- Call Sheet / Template
- An estimate for a commercial project / Template
- Model Release / Template
- Agency Test Package Request / Sample Letter to a Modeling Agency
- Client Project Questionnaire / Template
Our goal is to teach you to confidently set up beautiful studio lighting and produce amazing images, as well as to lead your creative team and manage the creative process from inception to completion including selecting the right talent, working with models, make up artists and stylists for both commercial assignments and personal projects.
See more: Photoshop Expert Bundle 90 Courses for $9 Each
**Some of the links are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers.
Thank you for your support!
Awesome Photoshop Actions
Join our monthly newsletter
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.