Colour Grade Photoshop Course
Colour grading is the process of altering and enhancing the colour of a motion picture, video or, in our case, a digital photo. Although every step of your retouching workflow is essential, colour grading has the potential to be the most impactful one and can easily make or break your final result.
Colour Grading Techniques
We are excited to welcome you to the Colour Grade video course and know you wouldn’t be here if you weren’t determined to finesse your colour work and elevate your skill level.
By the end of this course, you will understand the necessary thought process behind colour grading decisions as well as build a toolset that will allow you to execute your own and your client’s colour grading ideas with outstanding results.
Colour Grade Video Course For Photographers & Retouchers
Skill Level: Intermediate to Advanced
Duration: 3h 37m
Practice Files: Layered .PSD files are provided for your analysis and practice
Additional Materials: Digital Guide + Michael’s Custom Actions
Below we have highlighted a few essential features about complete Colour Grade Course:
Preparing For Colour Grading
- Your Artistic Taste & Developing Your Style
- The Importance of Having a Solid Technical Foundation to Refine Your Colour Continuously
- Prerequisite Knowledge That Will Help You Get the Most Out of This Course
- Preparing Your Raw Files For Eventual Color Grading
- The Importance of the Starting White Balance
- Contrast & Brightness: The Color Grading Potential of an Image.
Colour Grading Photoshop Tools
- The Main Color Grading Methods: Luminosity-Targeted adjustments vs Color-Targeted adjustments;
- Altering Luminosity in Preparation for Color Grading Using the Curves Adjustment Layer;
- The Black & White Adjustment Layer;
- Using Channels for Selective Luminosity Corrections;
- Using the Black & White Adjustment Layer for High Key Images.
Photoshop Colour – Adjustments
- The Solid Color Adjustment Layer; Ways to Combine It With Various Blending Modes and Opacity Levels
- The Gradient Map Adjustment Layer; Ways to Combine It With Various Blending Modes and Opacity Levels
- A Framework for Color Grading: Broad vs Subtle Adjustments
- Using the Channel Mixer Adjustment Layer for Color Grading
- Using the Selective Color Adjustment Layer for Adding Subtle Accents to the Image and Altering Skin Tones.
Colour Grading Practical Examples
In the remaining lessons, Michael demonstrates step-by-step colour grading processes on various types of images, offering a detailed explanation of his thought process and why and how he chooses the colour grading tools, layer blending modes and opacity levels depending on the type of image at hand and the desired results.
- Layered .PSD files of all the images from the lessons for your analysis and practice;
- Color Grading Custom Actions.
The goal of these lessons is to help you build your own colour grading system based on your visual preferences, following Michael’s thought process, polished structure and explanations.
**Some of the links are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers.
Thank you for your support!
Awesome Photoshop Actions
Join our monthly newsletter
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.